Proposed C&BL Amendment
The Multiple District 24 Council of Govenor’s (COG) have recognized the need to review the in-effect MD24 Constitution and By Laws (C&BL) and tasked the MD24 C&BL Committee as such.
The MD24 C&BL Committee reviewed the in-effect C&BL, the LCI C&BL, the Standard Form Multiple District C&BL, and the Standard Form District C&BL and proposed the following plan of action which was approved by the COG.
- Review the in-effect C&BL and determine unique to MD24 articles, provisions, and elements.
- Review the current LCI C&BL, of which all items are mandatory, to determine items that are applicable to Multiple or sub-Districts.
- Review the Standard Form District C&BL to determine mandatory items that are applicable to the Multiple District.
- Using the Standard Form Multiple District C&BL as a base document, incorporate items unique to MD24 resulting in a revised MD24 C&BL (proposed).
- Develop a MD24 Board Policy Manual containing items critical to efficient operations of MD24 that may be subject to changes due to technology, procedures, requirements, etc.
- Deconflict all mandatory articles, provisions, or items in the Revised MD24 C&BL with all applicable mandatory items.
- Color code proposed changes.
- White = LCI, Standard, MD, or Standard District C&BL (mandatory items)
- Yellow = In-effect MD24 C&BL unique items
- Green = Committee recommended updates
The following documents are provided for your review in accordance with Article IX, Section 3, of the in-effect MD24 Constitution, and Article VII, Section 3, of the By Laws. These articles state the Constitution and By Laws Committee shall give each Lions Club, in the State Organization, a notice of each such proposed amendment at least sixty (60) days prior to the convening date of the Annual Convention (April 27-30, 2023).
Proposed Revised Multiple District 24 Constitution and By Laws
Proposed Multiple District 24 Board Policy Manual